Info for Patients
To register simply fill in a registration form and provide 1 proof of address and show 1 form of ID.
You can obtain repeat prescriptions of regular medicines. Please order them at the reception, or by post, or nominate a pharmacy and get via EPS and give 48 hours notice.
Access to Medical Notes
It is our policy to allow patients to see their medical records in the presence of a doctor. If you wish to see your notes, please speak to DR or Practice Manager.
Suggestions or Complaints
All our staff are happy to listen to any suggestions or complaints you may have, and treat them in confidence. There is a box available in the surgery for comments and suggestions or ask to speak to our Practice Manager.
Ordinary contraception and travel vaccination services are available every day.
On very rare occasions the doctor may have to leave the surgery to attend a life and death situation during surgery hours.
Your understanding will be appreciated.
Patients Rights & Responsibilities
1. You have the right to access the services we provide according to your clinical need.
2. You have the right to expect a standard of care that would reasonably be provided by one of the Doctors or Practice Nurses.
3. You have the responsibility to attend appointments punctually and cancel appointments that you are unable to attend. Failure to do so repeatedly may result in removal from Doctors List.
4. All staff and patients at the practice have the right to be treated with mutual respect.
5. Any incidence of verbal or physical abuse or threats of violence will not be tolerated and where necessary the police will be called. This will result in instant removal from the list.
Patient Participation Group
We would be delighted if you would consider joining our Patient Participation Group (PPG). Please enquire at reception for more details.